Our family business is growing and we are currently looking for the following amazing people to join our team 🙂
Two part-time, work-from-home receptionists
10am – 2pm 3-4 days each per week, including alternating weekends
Being a husband and wife team, we are often on the water and struggle to get back to all the emails and calls coming in, so we are looking for two part-time reception superstars to join our team this coming September, who can be the friendly first point-of-contact for our business, offering our customers exceptional customer service on the phone and via email, between 10am and 2pm, each doing 3-4 days a week.
The responsibilities will include the following:
- Answer phone calls between 10am – 2pm
- Return calls to those who have called outside of these hours and left a voicemail message.
- Book people in to tours online (you will therefore need access to a computer/laptop between 10am – 2pm)
- Change or update bookings if someone wants to change their coffee order or other questionnaire questions.
- Respond to email inquiries.
- Answer any private Facebook messages.
- Respond to Facebook comments and Instagram messages.
- Create and send a more personable gift certificate to those who have purchased online through our booking system (template available).
- General admin tasks that might arise. Eg. Sourcing products or liaising with suppliers.
- Participate in monthly kayak tours, so you can offer first hand knowledge of our tours, where we launch from, what our kayaks are like to paddle, what our Guides are like 😉 and what people might expect to see on our tours.
We have strong family and business values and we want you to feel like part of our team. We try and offer exceptional customer service to everyone and we are hoping to find a reception team who will offer the same. To be considered for this role, you must have:
- A friendly, professional phone manner
- Great organizational skills and good attention to detail
- Access to a laptop/computer with internet, between 10am-2pm on the days you are rostered on
- Preferably good knowledge of the Lavender Bay and Kirribilli area, including landmarks, street names and public transport options, although full training will be given.
- Exceptional customer service skills!
- Basically be as helpful to our customers as possible, reducing the number of calls and emails Ben and Laura have to do when they come off the water at 3pm 😊
What are we offering in return?
- $25 per hour, plus super
- Flexible job share, two receptionists covering 7 days
- Free monthly kayak tours and staff discounts for family and friends
- Flexibility to work from home
We are offering an hourly rate for these roles, which will be job shared as we need our calls and emails responded to 7 days a week. Our peak season is between October and April, so we will need a commitment for at least those months, but we will have work all year round. We don’t work on Christmas day, but we often run extra tours on other public holidays, but we will obviously pay extra on these days and ask that you give us plenty of notice if you can’t do certain holiday days, so we can arrange cover.
To apply for one of these roles, please email your resume, outlining why you feel you would be suitable, to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be going through applications and interviewing through August, with the view to starting training in September, ready for peak season.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Laura and Ben