This Summer, we tried to come up with the ultimate Summer Kayak Tour on Sydney Harbour! This is it! Throughout summer, Sydney by Kayak are offering a short 1 hour Kayak Tour on Sydney Harbour, including your choice of fresh, creamy ice-cream or refreshing gelato from Gelatisimo. These are provided in Thermos cups to keep them cold, coupled with a real spoon! No plastic here! Our kayaks have custom made holders for these, meaning you can enjoy a leisurely paddle out to Luna Park for photos in front of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House, before heading to the other side of Lavender Bay to enjoy your summery treats in your kayak. We’ll do our best to make this one of the top things you’ll do in Sydney this summer! Perfect for kids or those with little or no kayaking experience.
Two friendly Guides on each tour
These kayak tours depart from Lavender Bay after a full safety briefing with your Guide. After a life-jacket fitting and set up of your kayak, you’re good to go! The tour will launch from the beach next to the Lavender Bay boat ramp, so super easy and comfortable. You’ll then head across to Luna Park, where your Guides will take multiple photos of you and your group in front of the incredible Sydney Harbour backdrop of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House. All photos are included in the tour price.
The tour will then head across Lavender Bay, where you will be able to sit and relax in our stable “armchairs on the water” Grifinn kayaks, so you can enjoy your ice-cream as you take in the sights and sounds of the incredible Sydney Harbour. All from the shelter of the bay.
Choose your flavours
You can choose from a range of ice-cream flavours, icy sorbets and gelatos. Including chocolate, cookies and cream, vanilla, hazelnut, strawberry sorbet, lemon sorbet and even vegan coconut, to name a few. You’ll be asked for two ice-cream/sorbet choices when booking. If both flavours are available, you’ll receive a scoop of each. If only one is available, you’ll receive two scoops of one of your choices.
Perfect for beginners and children
You don’t need to be an experienced kayaker as our kayaks are really stable and you will be instructed and guided in a small group of just 8 paddlers. All Sydney by Kayak tours are guided by two professional Kayak Instructors and Guides. You will be taken through a safety briefing before departure and will be provided with all equipment needed for the paddle, including a stable, single kayak with twin-keels and comfortable seats.
As we are not venturing too far on this sweet, relaxing summer tour, it is a great paddle for beginners and children. Sit inside the sheltered bay and watch the busy, iconic Sydney Harbour come to life as you enjoy all that Sydney Summer has to offer, from the comfort of your kayak.
The tour departs from Lavender Bay boat ramp, where you will be greeted by your Guides. They will assist in helping you get ready for the tour, including a safety briefing, life-jacket fitting and setting up your kayaks for paddling.
What’s included in the tour:
- All equipment hire, including a single sit-inside Grifinn Kayak, paddle and life-jacket.
- Two qualified, friendly and experienced Kayak Guides/Instructors.
- An exclusive, small group of just 8 people.
- Full safety briefing and kayak instruction prior to departure.
- A short, but sweet, 1 hour tour on Sydney Harbour.. with ice-cream!
- Two scoops of pre-ordered Gelatisimo ice-cream and/or gelato.
- Photos of the tour, including shots in front of the Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge, taken by your Guides.
What to bring/wear:
- Wear light, comfortable clothes and shoes that you don’t mind getting wet (from paddle splash).
- Hat and sunglasses.
- You are likely to get wet from paddle splash, so bring spare clothes to change into.
- Current launch location is Lavender Bay Boat Ramp. Make sure you plan how you’re going to get to the boat ramp for the scheduled arrival time.
- Lavender Bay Boat Ramp is on Railway Avenue, which is at the bottom of Lavender Crescent, just under the railway arch. You should see our colourful kayaks at the boat ramp, along with our friendly Guide, setting everything up.