Sunrise Kayak and Coffee
Sydney Harbour is one of the busiest and most exciting harbours in the world! On our “Sunrise Kayak and Coffee” tour, you will experience a unique side to Sydney Harbour. The water is calm, flat and glassy, due to paddling before the rest of the city even wakes up! Enjoy spectacular colour changes in the sky as the dawn light reflects off the clouds and the water, then watch as the sun hits the horizon, lighting up the sides of the Opera House and the city.
As you sit and take in the serenity, you can relax in your kayak, just in front of the spectacular Sydney Harbour Bridge and enjoy a fresh, hot coffee of your choice from a local café, delivered to the boat ramp before departure.
This early morning paddle covers the beautiful foreshore of Lavender Bay and Blues Point. It’s perfect for those who are fairly new to kayaking, as well as more experienced kayakers who enjoy and appreciate the early morning sunrise and a good coffee.
The tour departs from Lavender Bay boat ramp, where you will be greeted by your Guides. They will assist in helping you get ready for the tour, including a safety briefing, life-jacket fitting and setting up your kayaks for paddling. On each tour, we have two Kayak Guides, who are there to ensure you are safe and having a great time on Sydney Harbour. They will also happily take your photo in front of Sydney’s icons and airdrop or email them to you after the tour.
The time advertised on the schedule (which changes slightly throughout the season, based on the sunrise time), is the time you are required to arrive at the boat ramp. You will then get ready and be out on the water during the dawn light, just in time for the sunrise. Once you are out on the water, enjoying your morning sunrise paddle, just when you think it can’t get any better.. you’ll have a fresh, hot coffee sitting inside a custom made coffee cup holder on the front of your kayak, so you can enjoy it as you watch the sun rise over the Harbour Bridge.
You don’t need to be an experienced kayaker as our kayaks are really stable and you will be instructed and guided in a small group of just 8 paddlers, by a professional Kayak Instructor and experienced Co-Guide, however, if you have never kayaked before, please consider our couples tours or a private lesson before you join one of our group tours, so our Guides can safely Guide the group together. You will be taken through a safety briefing before departure and will be provided with all equipment needed for the paddle, including a single kayak with stable double keels and comfortable seats.
What’s included in the tour:
- All equipment hire, including a single sit-inside Grifinn Kayak, paddle and life-jacket.
- A dry bag for your phone, keys and camera. (You can also leave these securely in our kayak van).
- A qualified, friendly and experienced Kayak Guide/Instructor and a Co-guide.
- An exclusive, small group of just 10 people, including your Guides.
- Full safety briefing and kayak instruction prior to departure.
- A pre-ordered coffee, tea or hot chocolate from a local café to enjoy in your kayak.
- Free photos! Taken by your Guides.
What to bring/wear:
- Wear light, comfortable clothes and shoes that you don’t mind getting wet (from paddle splash). Something easy to move and paddle in.
- Warmer clothes during the cooler months, including gloves and wind-breaker.
- Hat and sunnies are advisable, so you can enjoy the sunrise.
- You are likely to get wet from paddle splash, so bring spare clothes to change into.
- A towel to dry off after the paddle.
- Current launch location is Lavender Bay Boat Ramp. Make sure you plan how you’re going to get to the boat ramp for the scheduled arrival time.
Lavender Bay Boat Ramp is on Railway Avenue, which is at the bottom of Lavender Crescent, just under the railway arch. You should see our 10 colourful kayaks at the boat ramp, along with our two friendly Guides, setting everything up.
1.5 hours (allow 2 hours for full experience)
Price: $125 pp
Lavender Bay Boat Ramp
Subscribe To Our Newsletter!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest kayak and fitness news!