If you are an experienced, qualified Flatwater Kayak Guide or Kayak Instructor, looking for regular, early morning work, please get in touch with us. Our Award winning Sunrise Kayak and Coffee tour is fully booked a few weeks ahead of schedule, so it would be great to have an extra pair of hands to help with the early morning kayak tours.
Our popular Corporate team building experiences are also booking up weeks in advance. The Corporate Clean-up paddle and corporate group Eco tour. These are all run at 9.30am, Monday to Friday, so flexibility to do two back-to-back kayak tours would be great!
To be considered for this role, you must have the following:
- A Flatwater Kayak Guide Qualification (as a minimum). Kayak Instructor or white-water qualifications would also be considered.
- First Aid and CPR
- The ability to work well with others, including other Head Guides during set-up and pack-up, as well as co-Guides, who are on your tour to assist you.
- A drivers license and ability to drive our kayak vans (SLWB Toyota Hi-ace vans)
- You must be a morning person. Coffee is provided, but it’s important you are on time and just bubbly enough to help those who are not morning people 😉
- A nurturing, yet fun personality. We have a good mixture of paddlers on our tours. Some have never kayaked before. Some are very nervous. Others thrive on good banter and knowledge of the harbour. The ability to read your group and interact with them accordingly is important.
- You’ll need to be fairly strong as you’ll be required to unload 18kg kayaks before dawn (with the assistance of other guides). At the end of the kayak tour, the kayaks are washed, dried and reloaded into the van.
- You must be extremely diligent and careful when it comes to peoples safety on the harbour. There are ferries and other boat traffic that you must keep an eye on. Keeping your group safe is our number one priority.
- We would like you to be available mainly for our sunrise tours, which vary throughout the year, depending on the sunrise time, followed by our corporate group experiences.
- Exceptional timekeeping is paramount. There is only one sunrise, so it is important that you are conscious of the time and are quick at getting everyone ready, briefed and on the water on time to see the sunrise. Full training on all of this will be provided.
- You need to be confident in taking good photos on your phone. We provide these to our customers for free. Airdropping or emailing pics after the tour.
- Being able to sing Happy Birthday would be a bonus 😉 If you tick all of the boxes above, please send an email with your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be contacted for interview.
Hopefully hear from you soon.
Laura and the SBK team.